You are hereHome >
CALPIRG joint letter on Consumer protection for “California Covered”
Peter Lee, Executive Director
The California Health Benefit Exchange
Toby Douglas, Director
Department of Health Care Services
Re: The CalHEERS Business Requirements Process
Dear DHCS and Covered California Board and Staff:
On behalf of the undersigned, we submit these group comments (attached) regarding the CalHEERS Business Requirements Process, Request for Public Comment.
We very much appreciate being afforded this opportunity to review and provide comments to the confirmed and “in process” requirements developed through the RFP and JAD process. As you will see in our comments, we take this responsibility quite seriously and have provided detailed comments and suggestions that will ensure that CalHEERs, Covered California, and DHCS create a consumer friendly and consumer protective system. We continue to want to be involved as this process moves forward.
We noted that a number of these provisions are still marked “in process.” We have commented on the in process provisions, but also expect that when those requirements are confirmed, we will be provided the opportunity to review and comment on the completed revisions.
We would appreciate a follow-up meeting or conference call with Elizabeth and Julie, once you have time to digest our comments, to discuss your plans for next steps regarding the issues we have raised here.
- Alliance to Transform CalFresh
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center, member of Asian American Center for Advancing Justice
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- California Coverage and Health Initiatives
- California Food Policy Advocates
- California Immigrant Policy Center
- California Pan Ethnic Health Network
- California Rural Indian Health Board
- CALPIRG Education Fund
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Children Now
- Coalition for California Welfare Rights Orgz.
- Community Health Councils
- Congress of California Seniors
- Consumers Union
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
- Maternal and Child Health Access
- National Health Law Program
- Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
- The Children’s Partnership
- The Greenlining Institute
- Vision y Compromiso
- Western Center on Law and Poverty
- Youth Law Center
Tools & Resources
Protect your family and see what hidden hazards to watch out for.
A Consumer Guide to Shopping Around
A Consumers' Guide to a New Cell Phone Plan
CALPIRG Education Fund
Tips & Tools to Stay Safe From ID Theft
Use Your Vote. Raise Our Voice.
Our Changing Relationship with Driving and the Implications for America’s FutureCALPIRG Education Fund
You Can Help
We have a chance to cut billions in junk food subsidies this year. Your support will help us do the research, advocacy and grassroots organizing to convince our elected officials to act.
Each year, our tax dollars pay for enough junk food additives to buy 8.5 two-liter bottles of soda for each person under 18. Help stop the subsidies for junk food.
Join our network and stay up to date on our campaigns, get important consumer updates and take action on critical issues.